Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

To Do List

  • Get stuff sorted through and priced for our neighborhood yard sale on Saturday
  • Put away ALL toilet paper, paper towels, hair ties, rubber bands, pens, pencils, cotton balls, etc. because this weekend we are adding a member to the family. A young, male manx cat named Tumi is going to come live with us for the next few months and terrorize our two adult cats. The gentleman (or guy...because gentleman just makes me think of a "Gentlemen's Club" and that's just creepy) that I've been working for on the weekends is taking the next few months to visit family in India. He didn't have any plans for his little kitty and was, therefore, going to bring him to the shelter. I couldn't let that happen and since I don't have enough on my plate already (ha) I decided to volunteer. The past couple of weeks that I've gone over to clean, the entire apartment is covered in toilet paper. Should be fun!
  • Bone up on infant care. For the longest time, all of my daycare children have been in the toddler to preschool age range. At the end of October, I will gain a newborn and a 1 1/2 year old. The baby is breastfed so I know I better be prepared with stain remover. Does anyone know what I'm talking about when I mention the color fluorescent orange??
  • Stop procrastinating and call my mom back. My uncle is quickly losing his battle against leukemia. This past week Mom called, barely able to hold down her end of the conversation (understandably), to tell me that he was given 2 weeks to 2 months to live. Or as God sees fit. A couple of days later, my dad calls to tell me that uncle R is not doing very well and they are going to let him come home. I don't know if I've ever seen or heard my dad cry before. There's a first time for everything I guess. All I can do is sit here feeling helpless because how do you console a loved one, over the phone, who is losing a sibling? The answer is you can't. I feel like a jerk because money is preventing me from taking a week off to drive the 14 or so hours to be there for my mom. You know how people always say CANCER SUCKS! They're right every single time.
  • Give my kids and hubby extra hugs because they deserve it (and so do I!)
  • Tell everyone about this wonderful blog that I discovered a few days ago and now have read hours and hours of archives because I just love it. If I had to pick a favorite part, it would definitely be the love letter entries. It warms my heart so.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You do have a lot on your plate! I think most kind-hearted people have this same problem. I've never had a cat who liked to play with toilet paper or paper towels, except once when my roommate and I were out of town, our cat rolled out the "white carpet" for us by rolling out a paper towel roll. Thanks for the link too.

     
  • At 12:44 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Kitkat- Thanks for coming to visit here! I'll have to make it over to your blog in the near future. Rolling out the white carpet...LOL. And you're welcome for the link. I am officially hooked. I so want to hang out with Stephanie and her family.

     
  • At 11:15 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your uncle. I wish scientists could find a cure for cancer.

     
  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger djunareka said...

    :)
    hmmmm

     
  • At 3:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......


    Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.

    Also click on these keywords :-- Home Security | home security alarm | ADT Alarm Monitoring | ADT Security Service |

     
  • At 2:54 AM , Anonymous bruce said...

    to do lists are also a great way of keeping a historical record of your workload

     
  • At 4:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

  • At 2:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    SO funny... I cant even think how was your week! keep goin!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home